Xmas, Junkanoo and New Years






I was fortunate enough to go home for the Yuletide season and celebrate with family and friends. It was great to spend a week at home thawing out from the harsh NY/NJ weather by feasting on fish burgers, peas & rice, stewed grouper, rum cake and well seasoned turkey. However, the most exciting part of my trip was my participation in our great year end seasonal Junkanoo celebration. I was allowed to march with the various Junkanoo groups and take fantastic pics of the elaborately  out of this world costumes and choreographed performances. It was definitely a rush and I now understand how the participants of this ritual can rush from 12:00 am to sunrise. Here are a few of the many pictures that I have taken. I will say no more... well I will say one more thing. HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

-J

P.S. For those who don't know, google "Junkanoo" to find out what it is all about.

No comments: